Thursday 7 November, 7.00pm-9.30pm
A journey through Ethiopia
From the Simien and Bale mountains to the Danakil Depression, Ethiopia has a varied geography. Hear our experts discuss the country’s history, culture and landscapes.
• Venue: Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR. Tickets: £20, RGS-IBG members £18 (includes food and wine).
The moral geography of the Arctic
This talk will uncover the moral dimensions of the Arctic and challenge us to think afresh about this fascinating part of the world.
• Venue: Blake Studio, Norwich School, The Close, Norwich, NR1 4DD. Tickets: £5, RGS-IBG members and students free.
Giving examples of radical, alternative and creative public geographies, Daniel Raven-Ellison will explain what guerrilla geography is, why it’s important and how it’s at the heart of the movement to make London the world’s first National Park City.
• Venue: Percival Lecture Theatre, University of Cumbria (Ambleside Campus), Rydal Road, LA22 9BB. Tickets: £5, RGS-IBG members, students and under 18s free.
(Lecture, King’s Lynn and Stamford)
Gillian Burke takes us behind-the-scenes on one of the nation’s favourite wildlife shows, to discover Britain’s natural spectacles, hidden gems, and surprising oases of hope.
• Venue: Multiple. Tickets: From £9, prices vary.
Africa’s forgotten frontiers
(Lecture, Grantham, Darlington, Exeter, and Southampton)
Taking the audience on a breathtaking journey across the continent, filmmaker Reza Pakravan will share stories of the tense frontiers, enduring traditions and ordinary people living where climate change has hit hardest: the Sahel.
• Venue: Multiple. Tickets: Prices vary.
Friday 29 November, 6.00pm-10.30pm
Geographical lates: COP25 climate talks
Get face-to-face with experts through our talks, debates, panel discussions and round-tables, and embrace some Chilean culture.
• Venue: Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR. Tickets: £12, RGS-IBG members £10.
Get the best of Geographical delivered straight to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter and get a free collection of eBooks!